What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canada: British Columbia

Welcome to BC

We have many nice airports in B.C. and if you are visiting Vancouver consider stopping at Langley, about 25 miles from downtown Vancouver. We have a hotel and restaurants within easy walking distance from the airport and rental cars available. Tower, self service fuel pumps and maintenance facilities. Unfortunately no customs on field. RV's comprise about 4% of the approximately 250 aircraft based here.
More at http://www.langleyairport.bc.ca/

Abbotsford BC

Another airport stop you can make if you're headed to the Vancouver area is the Abbotsford airport. We are one of the custom clearance points for flights into Canada. Stop by and give us a ring, Mark and I would be glad to meet you. When you arrive ask for direction to the compound where you can park and tie down.

Victoria on Beautiful Vancouver Island

Victoria the city of Gardens.......
YYJ is a very friendly airport with Canada customs on the field. The Tower is very helpful to any visitors.
There are 3 restaurants on the field. You can taxi to any of them.

#1 The Victoria Flying Club (www.flyvfc.com)has a nice restaurant. Proof that the food is good is.....the Police always comes to have coffee or breakfast at the Flying Club. Reasonably Priced.

#2 Spitfire Grill is at the south side of the Airport. Good food as well, more like "Med Grill" and quite reasonable in price but more that the Flying Club.

#3 Bo Jangles.....is the newest Restaurant on the field...The Noth Side next to Viscount Hangars. Great Spare Ribs smoked with Tenesee Hickory....and great burgers. Very resonable and great view of the airport.

Of course Victoria is home to the famous Butchard Gardens....

Home of 7 RV's plus 2 in the making

Please email me if you need some info....

Last edited:
Chilliwack Pie

Unbelievable Pie - Never Tasted Anything Like It
Nice people. This place has the largest pie selection I have ever seen. I had two slices when I was there. They are pie gods. They are very well known in the aviation industry and all over the Pacific Northwest. This is by far the best pie I have ever had. You have to make the trip.

www.airportcoffeeshop.com/index.htm

Last edited:
Salmon Arm, British Columbia

Salmon Arm airport is located within the municipal boundaries of Salmon Arm. 4500ft paved strip, friendly, lots to do especially in the summer months, adjacent to an excellent 18 hole golf course, B&Bs around and lots of motels and hotels. Many USA RVers have already visited this place.

Airport identifier CZAM

Customs: file into either Kelowna or Penticton

Nelson and Crawford bay.

Nelson is a great place. Short walk up the hill from the airport to many restaurants.

Crawford bay just east of Nelson. It has a 2700 ft grass strip, one way in and out over the lake. Cabins right next to the runway at one end and a nice beach to swim at the other end. Short walk into town for food.

RV Builders & Flyers in Victoria

Hi Pete,

Ive just joined the vans network and am hopefully looking to meet RV builders & flyers at Victoria Airport. I 've been in country for a month now, but hope to be based here for about 2 years.

I'm a UK PPL and currently fly a Grob Tutor.

I hope to visit the vans factory at the end of september.

I'm based down in Esquimalt and itching to meet other RV folk.

Do you have any leads or information that would be useful...?

Regards,

Kevin
Victoria the city of Gardens.......
YYJ is a very friendly airport with Canada customs on the field. The Tower is very helpful to any visitors.
There are 3 restaurants on the field. You can taxi to any of them.

#1 The Victoria Flying Club (www.flyvfc.com)has a nice restaurant. Proof that the food is good is.....the Police always comes to have coffee or breakfast at the Flying Club. Reasonably Priced.

#2 Spitfire Grill is at the south side of the Airport. Good food as well, more like "Med Grill" and quite reasonable in price but more that the Flying Club.

#3 Bo Jangles.....is the newest Restaurant on the field...The Noth Side next to Viscount Hangars. Great Spare Ribs smoked with Tenesee Hickory....and great burgers. Very resonable and great view of the airport.

Of course Victoria is home to the famous Butchard Gardens....

Home of 7 RV's plus 2 in the making

Please email me if you need some info....

I just bought a plot of land near Atlin (far NW corner, had a COPA fly-in there over Canada Day this year) and will be building a cabin next summer. Feel free to come help and visit! Or by 2014 should be up and running as part of the RV hotel network.

Greg

Free Breakfast May 12

Abbotsford Flying Club hosts free breakfast fly-in at CYXX (Abbotsford BC) Saturday May 11. Or come May 10 for TGIF hospitality event at the clubhouse and stay the night. You may camp next to your plane at the clubhouse (or hotel it). Customs, 24 hr fuel and tiedowns are available on the field.

More info at...

http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/7694632/370804249/name/Abbotsford-May-Fly-In-1a.pdf

Contact us for more info or if you're interested so we have an idea of numbers etc...
[email protected]

Bevan

Last edited:
corrected date

My bad, good thing I'm not the lead on this. Come friday evening May 10 or Saturday morning May 11. If a moderator can correct the title I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Bevan

More info

May Fly-in.
Abbotsford Flying Club
Friday evening May 10th, Saturday morning May 11th.
Through the fence aircraft parking around the club house
TGIF hospitality Friday evening
Appy's, cash bar, pool table, piano, lounge
Overnight camping: (grass or club house) and local motels
Free Saturday breakfast

Drive-In access is via Mt Lehman Road. Turn on Approach Drive at the Voodoo fighter. Use the parking lot on left across from the clubhouse.

Fly-In access, request the "Hanger Compound" then direct north. There is a new 50ft gate through the north fence. We will meet you in the compound to assist. Extreme caution when taxiing off pavement. Bring your own tie downs.

Contact us via:

[email protected]

include "Abbotsford Fly-In" in the subject.

or directly
[email protected]

604-538-3814 (evenings and weekends)

Thanks

Ed Boon
AFC Fly-In's coordinator

Squamish CYSE Pemberton CYPS

CYSE- 2400x75ft RW15/33 Stunning views of the howe sound, The Squamish Cheif
See CFS for noise abatement Circuit,

Blad Egale capital of the world! tho they leave us alone for the most part.

Fly 15 min north and you'll find your self over Whistler (Caution CYR Tram Lines) P2P Gondola

and than on north to Pemberton CYPS 3917x100ft. RW06/24 (Caution MF in effect Soaring club) Golf, Epic Views! Ice Caps!

Back