What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Pump Lubricant in Service Instruction 1059E

blueflyer

Well Known Member
Reviewing the Lycoming Service Instruction 1059E while learning what goes into replacing my fuel pump, I see where they recommend to put the following choice of lubricants on the pump arm prior to installation:
1. Castrol Contractors Special NLGI #1
2. Lubri-bond (A)?..fulfills MIL-L-23398 Spec.
3. Tex MOLYTEX EP 0

I cant find any of these products on the Internet. Can anyone help me locate a source for any of these lubricants?

As an aside, Service Instruction 1484C also says to use Loctite 569 on the threads.

just put some engine assembly lube, like lubriplate, on the contact area of the arm. If you don't have that, a dab of lithium grease will do.

Larry

Lube

I just use cam lube which you can get at most auto parts stores at a reasonable price and quantity. It is very sticky so it won't run off before first start and is designed for corrosion protection as well as extreme pressure.

Al

Dang, that's it Chris. Thanks. It even calls out the MIL SPEC in the description. Maybe some others will chime in who know of a cheaper source. I wont waste too much time waiting/looking considering I just spent $40 on a small bottle of Loctite 569! It makes me feel better to know I used what Lycoming called out in their documentation even if it costs me a little more money.

SkyGeek has a lot of these type of more obscure items, but not cheap:
Lubri-Bond

Back