What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

sunshade

Robb

Well Known Member
whats the best sunshade for my RV 7? I have the hinged canopy and it is hot as **** flying around .

whats the best sunshade for my RV 7? I have the hinged canopy and it is hot as **** flying around .

Pull back on the stick and it get cooler every thousand feet :)

But yes, Koger is well worth the $200.... get the small wide one, should fit a 7 and on the occasional cooler day it retracts nicely.

Not sure how I lived without it here in the Texas heat.

Last edited:
We like these

X-Large.jpg

http://www.aero-shields.com/catalog/i76.html

Koger Sunshade 7-Slider

July in south Louisiana...Installed the Koger Sunshade yesterday...made a flight 9:00-10:30am today. A hot humid sunny morning in south Louisiana. This would have been a miserable flight by 10:30am without the shade. Had I known this long ago, it would have been in my 4 as well as the 7. Great product! Get one, get over the price and enjoy it. You won't be disappointed. Jeff returned my call on a Sunday and had it in the mail Monday. Excellent service.

I used "cheap" 'static cling' sun shade from the local auto parts store. 17 or 18 years ago I paid about $12 USD and cut it to make three pieces. I used two and do not remember what I did with the 3rd. Just like on aluminum, I have rounded corners.

The Kroger shade was about $170 back then. Being a 'cheap' pilot, I did not want to spend that much so figured if the $12 worked for a year or two, I would then opt for the Kroger Shade. Well more than 17-years later, I still like what I have. IF out "Dog Fighting", one can see right trough the 'static cling' tint and acquire the target.

I have both the koger (love it), and a cheap cling-on shade that is nice because you can move it to wherever it is needed when the sun is lower.

Chris

cheap from walmart

we opted for 2 shades with suction cups that fold up to a tiny circle. Stow them away when not in use, and when you use them, you can put them anywhere you need to.

Last night I installed the large Koger sun shade in my RV-12. Today was my first opportunity to try it out. Now I wonder how I ever got by without it. Even the taxi out was much less sweaty and uncomfortable. And, changing its position took close to zero effort... I'm sold.

Last edited:
Cheap sun shade 😊

I use poly foil ( like polyfilm buble pack with foil both sides ) from Menards and vinyl suction cups from hobby lobby. Just cut the poly blanket to shape and stick a few suction cups around the edges to secure. Take it off as soon as you want solar heat.

Back