What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Interior Install - Baggage area

Rick_A

Well Known Member
I just received my interior package from Flightline and I can't quite figure out a couple of things.

The Pilot Side wall of the baggage compartment uses a piece labeled RV-12B3. For the life of me, I don't see how this is suppose to be installed. It almost looks like it was made wrong side out and backwards but even when I put it in that way, it still doesn't fit. (As labeled, the narrow part goes forward which makes it too short)

There is a 1" wide notch in the middle of the bottom edge that doesn't seem to line up with any thing.

If any one has installation pictures, I sure would appreciate seeing them.

Also, can the Upper part of the rear wall (the part with EXPERIMENTAL on it) be installed without removing the fuel tank? I was not able to get it in place without risk of damaging it.

My instructions are out at the hanger and I don't have and pics of that area so can't help now with that but I, too, was unable to get the upper part of the rear wall in without removing the tank so I just left it out. That might actually be better because it doesn't block the cockpit air exit openings caused by the congregated back panel. Don't know if it's due to that but, so far, I don't have any of the canopy side bulge so many have mentioned.

I've had no problem putting in the upper bulkhead cover. If you installed the recent tank vent, that piece has to have a slot to accommodate it. Call Abby at Flightline.

Your other piece might be mislabeled? The piece that goes on top of the tank and drapes over and down had an aft notch in it for the old tank level window.

Back