What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

overspray

Pat Stewart

Well Known Member
I have a liitle paint overspray on the wingtip plastic lense. What's the best way to remove without damaging the plastic.

Pat

couple options

I'd try a clay bar from the auto supply store. (Several brands usually available in the detailing/wax section) It will probably get a lot of it. If that does not do it... might be time to get aircraft grade go to Aircraft Spruce or something like that and get some micro-mesh and spend some time "sanding" it off.

there are other threads out there..... with good answers (I know... I asked about overspray on my canopy earlier)

Clay

Several products on the market, Overspray Clay, Clay Magic, Meguiars sells one similar at Advance Auto but it's name eludes me. Any of these should remove overspray without damage. Be sure you keep it well lubricated. YMMV:)

Scratch remover

I've had excellent luck with the scratch removal creams you see in the automotive section.... a hair abrasive... but not too bad.... try on a small spot that is not front and center and see what happens!
Best
Brian

The plastic on the lens is different to normal plexiglass - possible Lexan.

I got a little on ours and what fetched it off really well was hot soapy water !

Just used a sponge - some firm pressure and off it came.

Finished off with some plexus and all was good :D

Back