What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Fuel Sensor from Stein Aero/ Garmin

TJCF16

Well Known Member
I decided to change out my fuel sensor as a preventive measure. Below is a picture of the sensor I received from them that Garmin now uses. Not much different looking than the old on. here is the numbers on the sensor:

Garmin part number 011-04202-10

P4055-5020-2
G3119
484-30027-10

49931547752_a5b2b04d6d_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_2440 by crouch.timothy, on Flickr[/IMG]

The paperwork says that is a 15 psig sensor. Is that the correct one for fuel?

the other one

If you need the other one, it is part number 011-04202-20 and is is a 75PSIG sensor.

HOWEVER

If you look on ACS, that part number is showing the ORIGINAL 50 PSIG sensor, so be aware. The 75PSIG sensor is also TSO'd.

If you need the other one, it is part number 011-04202-20 and is is a 75PSIG sensor.

HOWEVER

If you look on ACS, that part number is showing the ORIGINAL 50 PSIG sensor, so be aware. The 75PSIG sensor is also TSO'd.

Thanks for that. No problems noted yet, so I am waiting a bit for the “dust to settle” . . . and maybe availability (and price) to improve. :rolleyes:

Nope

If you are talking about the Kavlico sensors, the one Garmin is recommending looks exactly like the 50PSIG one with the brass body. It is still in the P4055 series.

If you are going to the all stainless one, you are changing to the P255 series...

When I spoke with Garmin, they said they were recommending their TSO'd 75 PSIG sensor and could not comment on the P255 series sensor, although they did say that the G3X will work with other sensors...

There are some inconsistencies in the product descriptions out there. For instance, when you do a search at Aircraft Spruce, the referenced part number for the "new" Fuel Pressure sensor (011-04202-20) returns a part that is rated at 50 PSI, rather than the 75 you might be expecting:

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/avpages/garminG3X-touch_11-09477.php

I have also found other references to this part with a 15 PSI rating!

So be careful, and make sure you can firmly establish that you're getting the one you want!

Last edited:
Back