What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GRT HXr Discontinued?

GRT product line up?

Looks like there's a whole lot of stuff missing all of a sudden! Is this their new line up?

my speculation

I was told by GRT that the HX units were discontinued because they only had one OEM source for the display panels, and those panels were no longer available. I wonder if the same source also made the HXr panels???

I was told by GRT that the HX units were discontinued because they only had one OEM source for the display panels, and those panels were no longer available. I wonder if the same source also made the HXr panels???

I seem to recall that they used the same screen. At least the 8.4" units.

HX

I have two 8.4 HX units and the documentation has always been difficult and seems like they have made no effort to improve after the HXr came out. Now, I would guess it will never happen being so far removed🙁

I have the 10.4 HXR, work well but makes me nervous knowing my current display is no longer available......

Hey Paul that guy 2 doors down in the new hanger has a faster RV than yours!

Glad, I was not the only one who noticed this, it is troubling. While I am not displeased with the performance of the GRT equipment (HXr / EIS 4000) I would like more continuity.

If the HXr is being discontinued I will more than likely go all Garmin when that time comes.

HX and HXr discontinued.

On Dec. 19th. 2019 I wrote n email to Jeff DeFouw (chief software designer) and asked him the following question"

"I noticed on the GRT web site that the 8.4 and the 10.4 HXr screens are no longer listed. When I click on the Horizon HXr under the EFIS Systems tab only the Horizon 10.1 EFIS is shown. Does that mean that you will no longer be manufacturing these units?"

Here is Jeff's response:
"That is correct. The SX, HX, and HXr (all sizes) are no longer in production. The EX and 10.1 have taken over sales. It was not economical to keep producing the older units:

Originally I installed two 8.4" HX EFIS' but since upgraded them both to HXr's. In a subsequent email I asked Jeff about GRT continuing support and service of these units.

Here is his response:
"The HXr continues to be a supported product with improvements and new features. The 10.1 shares most of its software with the HXr. The graphics changes that are compatible with the HXr screen resolution will be integrated into the HXr software."

Back