What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Page 09-03 step 1 (elevator and trim tab ribs)

iamtheari

Well Known Member
Does anyone have tips on a good spray adhesive to use to bond the templates to the foam blocks? I picked up a can of Elmer's spray adhesive. It bonds to skin really well but it can't bond anything to those foam blocks. I tried printing the templates on normal paper, but the glue soaked through, stuck the paper to my fingers, and then pulled the paper free from the foam with no effort. Tonight, I tried printing the templates on card stock. The glue didn't soak through as badly, but it still doesn't seem to be bonding the paper to the foam blocks in any meaningful way. And my fingers are sticking to the keyboard as I type this. Clearly, I got the wrong glue. Thanks for any pointers!

3M? Super 77 Multipurpose Adhesive spray adhesive works really well for gluing the paper to the foam. Hold the can about 2 feet away and apply a light mist to the paper. If you don't apply too heavy a coat it will be easy to peel off the paper when you are done shaping the foam.

The same adhesive is also good for applying sandpaper to sanding boards, wax paper to fiberglass cloth for cutting with out distorting the fiberglass, any paper templates to wood, metal, foam and a variety of other projects you will encounter during the build.

Back