What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Extra Parts in wing kit?

Stockmanreef

Well Known Member
I don't like when I have parts and I having no idea what they are for. In the wing kit I received the following:

2 AT6-058 x 5/16 x 4 Alum Tube

I can't find their use in the plans, but they are clearly in the inventory sheets. Any ideas? Did I miss something obvious?

Material for a spacer? I know on the RV-9A there are some spacers you fabricate from tubing for various bolts.

This purpose for this material is to make the spacer bushings shown on page 23-2 and 23-10.
The lack of instruction steps detailing making the bushings has been noted.

This purpose for this material is to make the spacer bushings shown on page 23-2 and 23-10.
The lack of instruction steps detailing making the bushings has been noted.

What bushings are you talking about? The bushings you are talking about on 23-2 and 23-10 I had precut in the kit. I did not have to cut down any parts for those sections. These parts are the same diameter, but are longer--4" long.

Ken,
When I visited, I brought a few parts and left them in your workshop just to mess with you! Ha!

Just kidding - but if I had thought of it sooner, it would have been fun!

Hmmmmm.

What bushings are you talking about? The bushings you are talking about on 23-2 and 23-10 I had precut in the kit. I did not have to cut down any parts for those sections. These parts are the same diameter, but are longer--4" long.

Maybe enough 10 builders botched these bushings, so Vans decided to prefabricate them for the 14 kit, then forgot to take the material off the list.. Seems strange. Maybe there are other bushings, later on that you have to fab..?

What bushings are you talking about? The bushings you are talking about on 23-2 and 23-10 I had precut in the kit.

Ok, send those pre-fabed parts back.
They push the kit over the 51% rule limit... you are supposed to make the bushings from the raw material.

Just kidding....
Looks like a piece of material for the builders to make those parts was accidentally added into the bag lists.
Mark it as extra, and then you have it available for making your own custom cup holders later.

Looks like a piece of material for the builders to make those parts was accidentally added into the bag lists.
Mark it as extra, and then you have it available for making your own custom cup holders later.

Hey! I expect a credit for my labor, since i had to fab mine. Please send a credit check for $0.000000254 to Mike Rettig. You should have my address on file.:D

Mike, you built an RV-10 and the prefab parts are not included in the cost of that kit, sorry no refund, Van's management.

Back