What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AOG at KGON

togaflyer

Well Known Member
My Earth X battery went rouge on me today. Went to start the plane, prop moved about 10 inches then I lost all power on the plane. After two minutes, power came back on, after cycling the battery switch. Three tries then suddenly the engine cranked like normal and the engine started. Once everything was fired up, I started getting a quick flicker of the battery warning light very randomly. After a long warm up (32 degrees and windy) all appeared normal and no warning light. I taxied to the assigned runway, requested my IFR release, then suddenly, I got a solid battery warning light that stayed on. So back to the transient parking and a call to the kids to pick us back up. Since the Earth X battery has the circuitry to protect the battery and prevent a thermal run away, Im stuck here until I have a battery replacement. I will call Earth X Monday to see what my options are. The good news, more time with the kids and grandkids.

Yup. Made it to 3,000 when I had an engine stumble and my 400 mile overnight trip turned into a seven minute flight, two days ago.

Back