What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

BasicMed PCP in Bay Area

Aluminum

Well Known Member
My recent AME won't do BasicMed, and my wife thinks folks in my age group really ought to have a PCP and do some tests from time to time (ouch, thanks honey).

Any recommendations for an easygoing PCP in Bay Area who does BasicMed and would tolerate an unprofitable and overly skeptical anti-hypochondriac distrustful of modern medicine? Well okay, just BasicMed would be fine. :p

This is no help for your area, but I just sent an email to my PCP along with the FAA/AOPA links for him to review and asked him if he would do a Basic Med exam for me. He got back with me a week later and said he would do it, and that he would do it during my scheduled annual physical exam. He was receptive to the paperwork and it was a learning experience for both of us.

My recent AME won't do BasicMed, and my wife thinks folks in my age group really ought to have a PCP and do some tests from time to time (ouch, thanks honey).

Any recommendations for an easygoing PCP in Bay Area who does BasicMed and would tolerate an unprofitable and overly skeptical anti-hypochondriac distrustful of modern medicine? Well okay, just BasicMed would be fine. :p

I use my doc at Spring Hill Medical (I think they serve Antioch, Pittsburg and Brentwood). He signed off my BasicMed with no issue, commenting that it's a lot like a DOT sign-off.

Back