What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

PIREP on Garmin GTR-200

terry.mortimore

Well Known Member
Hi guys, my SL-40 went south on me after getting wet (long story). I sent it into Garmin and they can?t do anything with it. I?m reluctant to buy a used SL-40 for more than I can buy a new radio for.

I?m thinking about the GTR-200, I don?t want the B model and won?t be using the intercom features.

Has the radio proven to be a good performer? Reliable?

Thanks, Terry

I have had that radio installed for a few years now. It is my main radio and intercom with the 3D audio. Has worked flawless. Strong radio. I highly recommend

I have had good luck with mine in the past also (recently sold RV8), and so that?s what is going in my new RV4 panel. On the -8, I had a GTR200 and a GTR20 (remote com). I didn?t use the intercom either, since I had the Garmin audio panel, which had bluetooth capability. On this -4, I have the -200B, and I?m using the internal intercom. These radios work very well, and I don?t think you can beat the price - experimental only.

Love the GTR-200. I do want to upgrade to the B model though. When I upgrade to ADS-B I plan to remove my GTX327 and GTR200 and sell both to finance a GTR200B. Sometime in the new year.

Just installed one in a customer RV. Has a lot of nice features, particularly if you want to wire other sources of audio into it and not use an audio panel.

Back