What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

brake pads RV4

N605RV

Simple request. I bought a 2004 RV4 and need to replace the brake pads. I'm assuming standard 5 inch wheel hub with Cleveland brakes. Searched through the old builders notes that are usually excellent and find no part numbers for the pads. suggestions anyone? Rapco pads? Part number?
Brakeless in Boulder...

Simple request. I bought a 2004 RV4 and need to replace the brake pads. I'm assuming standard 5 inch wheel hub with Cleveland brakes. Searched through the old builders notes that are usually excellent and find no part numbers for the pads. suggestions anyone? Rapco pads? Part number?
Brakeless in Boulder...

Check the caliper. If it says Cleveland 30-9 and you have 5.00 wheel and tires then you are changing the same ones I'm changing. I just received this from Aircraft Spruce today:

(1) 06-00651 RAPCO RA66-106 4 PACK BRAKE LINING
(if you are going to replace the lings on the existing pads)

(2) AN BOLT AN4H-4A
(I bought these to replace the ones holding my wheelpants because they didn't have the hole for the safety wire)

(2) MS24665-362 COTTER PIN AN380-4-10
(cotter pins for the wheel nut)

(2) O-RINGS AN6227B-23 MS28775-218
(for the calipers in case they end up leaking I have them ready to replace)

thank you so much, I'll check the caliper and verify it's a 30-9
Cheers
Brakeless...in Boulder

Your very welcome. This forum is to learn and to share and I?ve learned a lot from it. I?m very happy to help others when I can.

Back