What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-4 Fuselage Jig in Eastern NC Anyone?

DWright

I'm New Here
Checking to see if anyone has a RV-4 Fuselage Jig in Eastern North Carolina that they would be willing to loan/share with a new builder? Looking at an RV-4 project (empanage complete, wings 90%, fuselage not started) and compling list of what I would need to come up with in order to complete. Also will need riviting and dimpling tooling. Built a Sonex a while back so have basic metal working tools. Now its time to move up to a real airplane. Thanks for any help/guidance you can provide to a new RV builder.

Just build one..easy.

First off,
Great choice to build the -4! I built mine here in Central NC using a jig that 3 of us built -4's with, but it's long gone when I couldn't give it away..parts of it are now a work bench I built. It can be built a zillion ways, as long as the spacing of the cross pieces for the bulkheads are close. If you build your own, the work height ect. can be made to suit your comfort. If you have a tripod mounted laser, its nice for keeping a line down the bulkheads as you build. If your ever over here in central NC (I'm at 8A7 Twin Lakes) I can give you a tutorial on building the -4 with lots of pictures. As you likely already know, the wing has your fuselage center bulkhead with it..or it better, as its all match drilled. I enjoyed building mine, and I hope you do as well!

RV4 Jig

Thanks for the info. Used to be a neighbor. Lived in Charlotte for about 40 years and kept my Sonex at Wilgrove...8A6....now closed. Always flew up to Twin Lakes for Transponder cert. Hoping I can find a jig thats straight and true but if not, will take the plunge to build

RV4 Fuselage Jig in Eastern NC

Wow....the RV community is amazing!!!! Couple of builders are loanng me the tooling needed to finish the RV4 project. Many thanks guys. Still looking for a fuselage jig if anyone has one and wants to clear out the space in their workshop. Bought the RV4 project and picking it up next week and ready to get started.

Back