VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 11-08-2015, 11:22 AM

If it was working then stopped and you were in the GRT at that time, that sounds like the problem. Check for loose wires and changed settings.
Old 11-08-2015, 03:26 PM

Not directly related but thought someone out there might benefit from my stupidity. Have had a 327 with ACK encoder for twelve years in my 6A. Installed a GRT Sport several years ago and wired it to the 327. ACK was working fine so left it hooked up. Started getting complaints from ATC about altitude readouts so decided to use the GRT encoder. After many attempts to program the 327, I decided to read the manual more closely. Turns out I had never upgraded the software and it wouldn't recognize the GRT. Local avionics shop did the upgrade no charge. Can't remember the software version but I believe it's dated 2011. Now the GRT encoder is inputing the 327. Nice thing is that the 327 searches for the altitude source starting with serial then gray code so the ACK still functions as a backup. I believe this new software version is also necessary if there is to be any ADS-B involvement. So anyone out there with an older 327, you may want to upgrade the software. Hope this helps someone.
Old 11-08-2015, 03:36 PM

??? The 327 is a mode C transponder so it will not be involved with ADSB.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:51 PM

There is an RS 232 in number one and number two in the configuration pages. If you inadvertently deleted that you are receiving from the GRT on the specific 232 in (1 or 2)that the GRT is wired to....that could do it.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:08 AM

Default Navworx and Freeflight can use 327 as ADS-B

transponder source ---- Navworx through their transmonde device and Freeflight by "mining" the mode C. (at least that is my understanding).

Ron
IO360, 180HP/CS, AFS 5600T, D10A, G650, G430, G327, ADS-B, VIZ385 AP
Very Happy Contributor
Comm, SMEL, CFII, A&P
Based at KCLW (Clearwater, FL)
Old 11-11-2015, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONSIM View Post
transponder source ---- Navworx through their transmonde device and Freeflight by "mining" the mode C. (at least that is my understanding).

Ron
The 327 can also output a Remote signal that will set mode and squawk code on the Freeflight and the Navworx.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:25 AM

Default Garmin GTX-327 FIXED

Well a long story short, it was a entry in the settings menu that was missing.
Now for a short story long the 327 was never the problem. A month ago my battery voltage ran down and I lost my #2 GRT and I had to copy all the info on GRT #1 to #2. Pin 19 on the 327 is fed by pin 5 of GRT 2 so in the settings menu I had to add "fuel air data z format" and add "9600" for the port rate and my alt on the 327 just popped up. THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP

FLOG

Larry Parham
RV-9A N65KW
2018-2019 dues paid thru June
Old 05-21-2020, 03:52 PM

Default Supplemental info

Old thread, but I just troubleshot this today and figured I'd pass it along for anyone else.

The GTX 327 must also be configured with on whatever channel you RS232'd into (usually pin 19 / Channel 1) with the "FADC W/ALT" setting.

More from GRT...

http://grtavionics.com/media/GTX327supplement.pdf
Old 05-21-2020, 05:11 PM

Shot in the dark here, but when I changed my GTX-327 from parallel to serial altitude input, every once in a while the altitude readout on the screen would be +/- a thousand feet low and ATC told me "Stop altitude squawk". It hasn't happened recently but the last time it did (on the ground), I cycled my Avionics Master and the altitude came up OK. I figure it had something to to with the timing between my altitude source (Dynon D-6) and the transponder powering up. These days, when doing my preflight checklist, I glance at the altitude displayed on the GTX-327.