What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Maintenance Tracking Software

PCHunt

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I would like to find an existing software package that would track all necessary maintenance information, including dates and times on a typical aircraft. AD and SB tracking would help.

It would be nice if it would reside in the cloud, and track up to 5 or 6 different aircraft.

Free, or cheap, like me!! :p

I did a quick web search, but found only high-end systems for big aircraft or fleets.

Has anyone come across something easy to use that would fit the bill?

For an aircraft as simple as an RV, would it not be easy enough to build one in a spreadsheet program?

Open Office is free and has a really good spreadsheet program. It meets your requirements of "free".:D

For an aircraft as simple as an RV, would it not be easy enough to build one in a spreadsheet program?

Open Office is free and has a really good spreadsheet program. It meets your requirements of "free".:D

Yes, for one or two airplanes, it would work well. I am personally extremely "spreadsheet challenged", not to mention Lazy, and wouldn't be able to build a proper spreadsheet. :eek:

But the application is for a collection of planes that is scattered around the country, and get flown by about 10-12 different pilots, and maintained at different locations. Hence the "Cloud" requirement.

I was hoping there might be existing off-the-shelf software.

Thanks!

I have been thinking of writing something like this. It would be web based using PHP and MySQL database, including all the necessaries for FAA acceptable electronic signatures.

The data could be stored in a cloud or local.

But the system I was thinking of was for both pilot and plane. Say you make a flight. You enter that flight and the pertinent pieces go into pilot log, airframe log, engine log, squawks, etc. Reminders & many other things automated.

If the entry is maintenance only, then maintenance entries only. Paper certifications, documents scanned and stored, but also entered in the logs. Several printouts to paper available.

Would this come close?

bc

Gray Hawk- It definitely would hit the mark, in fact would be a bullseye!
But if you do a web search, I think you will find a number of high end programs that do just that. ZuluLog has one. $25 per month per aircraft. There are quite a few out there, but tailored for folks with the big Bux.

Looking for something in the middle.

I searched for "Aviation Maintenance Tracking"

Thanks.

While not adequate as a logbook, http://www.sharezen.com is a great website for tracking what is due and when for as many people and planes as necessary for $19/month. If people log ending tach/Hobbs times, all maintenance items set up will show when they are needed.

Pete, have you decided on anything or are you leaning towards a certain package?

bc

Not yet. Looks like I may have two different requirements. My own planes can be done on a PC, but would like to find existing software.

My other project might need something like ShareZen, or similar.

I'm not in a hurry..........

Back