As the wing build continues, no real drama. The leading edges went on without much trouble; not nearly with the difficulty I envisioned from reading other blogs. As it turned out, most of the leading edge to spar rivets were reachable with the squeezer. I only had to drive about 10% of them, and of those only 5 on the right wing were blind and needed two people. I used a short double offset and taped it to the gun so it wouldn't rotate.
For the splice strip between the tank and the outer leading edge skin, I tweaked the nut plates to better conform to the skin using a vise and some scrap brackets. This worked out well.
After installing the tanks, I noticed the skin thicknesses aren't all the same. Some are 25 mils , others are 32 mils. I wish I would have beveled the skins before assembly to make this transition smoother, but maybe there will be a chance to smooth the 7 mil step before paint.
I started riveting the skins on with my resident engineer-in-training. I am still trying to work out the best technique. I tried the long offset back rivet tool, but this takes so much umph on the gun the rivet heads aren't pretty; acceptable, but not pretty. So we tried the normal method as in the picture. This worked out well for the ribs, but still looking for a better method for the skin to spar rivets.
WARNING! Information presented in this post is my opinion. All users of info have sole responsibility for determining accuracy or suitability for thier use.
Extra dues paid 2017, worth every penny
RV9A- Status: tail feathers done less tips