What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

window glue in

olderthandirt

Well Known Member
I know this has been covered but still a question in my mind, they say to glue in rear window with pro-seal ( gas tank sealant) seems way to permanent and I might add expensive ( $179.00 a quart) seems like there is something better how about comments

Vans have pro seal listed at $41 a quart. After building my fuel tank, I have enough left to glue in dozens of rear windows. They have smaller quantities available. Handy stuff. I rate it with zip ties as a workshop necessity item.
Cheers, DaveH

Last edited:
You don't "glue in the window" - you add a small bead of sealant between the window and the adjacent aluminum (and on the attachment screws). The purpose of this sealant is to protect the rear window (Lexan) from inadvertent fuel spills and rain leakage. Follow the plans and it is not a big deal. If I ever have to remove the rear window I figure that I will do it by "sawing" a thin piece of safety wire along the sealant interface - the same way as is done with automobile windshields.

As DaveH noted, you can buy small amounts of sealant from Van's or find a nearby builder who has some leftover sealant. I suspect that "expired" sealant would be fine for this application.

Back