What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

what a dummy

olderthandirt

Well Known Member
So I did not mark wiring looms when I installed them, now I'm looking at hooking stuff to control panel...does anyone know the color of heat shrink on wiring loom at panel...auto pilot vs..accessories...so I know which plug to putin which socket?? thanks..Dick

No marking on plugs

As far as I can see no marking on plugs...just the different color shrink near plug...I can probably chase wiring back according to color, but it will be difficult...

As far as I can see no marking on plugs...just the different color shrink near plug...I can probably chase wiring back according to color, but it will be difficult...

If you are using the standard avionics install kit with the AV-50000A module, those colors and the different genders of the connectors should allow you to match up with connector location on the AV-50000A (each connector position is color coded).
I am pretty sure this is described in the KAI.

If it's still the same:

IMG_2433.JPG

IMG_2436.JPG

42C-14a.JPG

O.K. I'm double dumb

yes I did see the colors on the control and would imagine as stated here they match the colors on shrink/Connectors..will look a little closer next time before leaning on you great folks..

Back