What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GDL-39 Connection

lr172

Well Known Member
I will be interfacing a GDL-39 with my G3X (non-touch) installation. I have read that Wx data is not shared between screens, but traffic data is. Can I wire the 39 into the MFD, where I want Wx, or does it have to be connected to PFD 1? If for some reason I want Wx on PFD 1, can I bridge the connection to both PFD and MFD, assuming I have enough serial ports?

Also, Is there a reason that I would want Wx on the PFD? I can't really think of one, except if I go to a split screen due to MFD failure. I also have an Ipad to view Wx data.

Larry

I will be interfacing a GDL-39 with my G3X (non-touch) installation. I have read that Wx data is not shared between screens, but traffic data is. Can I wire the 39 into the MFD, where I want Wx, or does it have to be connected to PFD 1? If for some reason I want Wx on PFD 1, can I bridge the connection to both PFD and MFD, assuming I have enough serial ports?

Also, Is there a reason that I would want Wx on the PFD? I can't really think of one, except if I go to a split screen due to MFD failure. I also have an Ipad to view Wx data.

Larry

Hello Larry,

Yes, as shown on page 27-16 of the Rev. AF G3X Installation Manual, we recommend that a GDL 39/39R be hardwired to the MFD in a system with GDU 37X displays and to the PFD in a system with GDU 4XX displays.

Thanks,
Steve

Hello Larry,

Yes, as shown on page 27-16 of the Rev. AF G3X Installation Manual, we recommend that a GDL 39/39R be hardwired to the MFD in a system with GDU 37X displays and to the PFD in a system with GDU 4XX displays.

Thanks,
Steve

Thanks. Now that you mention it, I remember reading that in the manual. Just too much data to remember everything I already learned.

Larry

Back