What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Quiet on the RV-14 Front

Scott Hersha

Well Known Member
It's been pretty quiet on this group site lately. I was wondering if anyone has any idea about the next kit availability. I'm on the wing tips now and should be done with them (and the wings) shortly. Does anyone know about the dark gray coat on the wing tips? Is it a UV blocker? I'm hoping that all that's required is some light sanding and possible pin hole filling on the gray surface.

It's been pretty quiet on this group site lately. I was wondering if anyone has any idea about the next kit availability. I'm on the wing tips now and should be done with them (and the wings) shortly. Does anyone know about the dark gray coat on the wing tips? Is it a UV blocker? I'm hoping that all that's required is some light sanding and possible pin hole filling on the gray surface.

My RV-10 cowl had the exterior with the gray coat. I did put several coats of thinned epoxy to ensure that I got all the pin holes. The paint came out perfect.

It would have been nice if the wing tips, cabin cover, and other glass parts were the same. Those had to be finished with more traditional methods.

bob

No progress on my RV14 for a few weeks, as I'm in an initial school for my third Gulfstream type rating. Happy to have two great new planes in my future!:D

Back