What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Time for new brake pedals

Jetlinkin

I have the old vans brake pedals with master cylinders on them, what the newest, latest and greatest that I can buy and replace the old ones?

What?

What are you trying to do? I have one of the oldest -4 and it still has the original pedals, Did they ever change the -4 pedals, I don?t think so, a little confused about your question.

Both of the master cylinders at the break pedals are leaking and have been rebuilt, but still leak. I was just wondering if there is a new model of pedal and cylinder or if the current pedal and cylinder, that I have, is all that there is?

That?s all there is that I know of, you just need some new cylinders from Van?s. I did this a few years ago to, they last a long time but not forever, it?s an easy job.

Russ

RV 4 Brake Pedals

I got these pedals from Aircraft Extras, Inc. in '05. I understand they may not cast them any more. At the time they sold them in pairs, but they sold me one set ($60.00) for my 4. I jumped on the deal. Glad I got them then for sure.
Other than them and the ACS A-600 ($16.00 ea.) individual reservoirs, the install is right off the plans (at least as close as can be constructed).

inde711.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks,

Bill

Will these fit a -4?

The ad indcates the pedals fit the -6, -7, and -9. Will they fit a -4 as shipped, or is some re-work necessary?

Back