What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aero Composites Prop - looking for info

rmarshall234

Well Known Member
I'm trying to help a friend sale his Aero Composites CS 3 blade propeller and have already done a search here for information....

You guys that are flying behind one of these props, do you have a contact person or source of information regarding these props? It seems the company is no longer in business. My primary concern is to find out what engine / HP combination this prop is well suited for. He put it on a pumped up IO-360 and said it was over-pitched. Seems to think it may be better suited for a 540..

Any help would be appreciated.

I can give you the info on the A/C prop I have which is powered by a BPE I0-540, but you may want to contact the distributor, American Propeller Service, 530.221.4470.

regards
~Marc

Thank you, that is helpful. I've done business with American Propellers before. Didn't know they have picked up where Aero Composites left off though. I'll give them a call.

Thank you, that is helpful. I've done business with American Propellers before. Didn't know they have picked up where Aero Composites left off though. I'll give them a call.

I can't say they "picked up" where A/C left off, but they told me a year ago that they would provide overhaul service on the hub and blades. It wasn't cheap, but IIRC the price I was quoted included coming to my airport in SoCal, removing the prop, transporting and overhauling it then re-installing it.

The A/C manual says the TBO is 2000 hours or 5 years.....

Let us know what you come up with.

~Marc

Last edited:
The Hub Mdl # is: 3C2L46D675-01 and the blade Mdl # is: R03CG82-12

I just spoke with the really helpful guys at American Propeller and they gave me more info. Was definitely built for an IO-360 but _does_ seem to be over-pitched.

I'll be posting it in the classifieds section, PM me if you are interested in buying it.

Back