What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV 9A paint schemes

Carr

Well Known Member
I am about ready to paint and need an outline side view that I can use paint brush to design a color scheme. Anyone have one or know of a site ?
Bryan Carr

Side view

I sent you an email attachment of an eps file I made in Freehand. We are strictly Mac computers. maybe you can use it.

Derrell

Bryan,
Did you not get the Preview Plans book? There are outline drawings of all of the different models in there for just such a purpose.

I am looking to paint my -9 white and add vinyl graphics. Does anyone know a shop that has done graphics on aircraft?

Check some of the adds on dougs site, there is a company that does graphics for RV's, I think they are in Reno I use to have them bookmarked but that was a few drive crashes ago!! :eek:

Paint color 732a channel

What cololr do folks paint the 732A channel under the rear window of the tipups. Do you match the interior pint or the exterior paint or flat black, or ???

Thanks for any ideas.

Steve

What cololr do folks paint the 732A channel under the rear window of the tipups. Do you match the interior pint or the exterior paint or flat black, or ???

Thanks for any ideas.

Steve

I painted mine the same high gloss grey I did in the rest of the interior. Even though the plane is white, you don't notice it.

One other mod you might want to is add a clothes hanger back there.

(Click to enlarge)

I painted mine satin gray to match much of the interior. I wanted the "roll bar" to be minimally noticeable from the exterior. (Flat black would make it even less so. )

Back