What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

PC680 Battery box misalinement

John Tipton

I'm New Here
Hi Guys

When mounting (-9a QB) the PC680 battery box you have to align with three rivet holes, two one side (no problem) however the side with just one nutplate is missing the rivet (to be drilled out) slightly, what do I do, leave it in and drill the required hole around it, if you take the rivet out you will end up with a 'figure of 8' hole

Regards: John

Hi John,

If I understand your post correctly... one of the pre-drilled holes on the battery box lines up slightly with one of the rivet on your firewall?

If I remember correctly, isn't the battery box screwed onto the firewall, and the nutplates that holds it are riveted only to the angles on the battery box? The bolts that attaches the box to the firewall are AN3, so if one lines up pretty close to a rivet, my guess would be that you could drill the rivet out and enlarge the hole to fit the bolts without having the "figure 8" problem, but making sure that you still respect proper edge distance!

A picture of the situation would really help us to guide you better towards the best solution...

Last edited:
If it is only off a "portion" of an AD3 rivet VERTICALLY, I would try to bend the battery box.
The small misalignment you describe should be easy to accommodate and not be noticeable in use.
Check to see if the battery box is actually square. Might not be.

I would try to tweak the box by putting one bottom short edge on the bench and use a dead blow hammer to hit the top rear corner (the one next to the firewall). Its like squashing a diamond shape by hitting the top and bottom points.

The orientation of the box (meaning left corner down or right corner down) depends on which way you need the hole to move.

Last edited:
Back