What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Air Nozzle extension?

Pounder

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I'm sure this is out there some where...

Has anyone found, or engineered an extension to reach through wheel pant (access hole) for servicing tires?

Thanks,

Bryan

Yes.
Unfortunately I'm not in a position to provide a part number.

I think I got mine from a NAPA store. I imagine other automotive DIY stores would carry them too. I think they are referenced for truck tire filling.

It is an approximately 6" long extension that screws onto the tire valve and has another air valve in the end.

NAPA has a straight in tire gauge too that will fit thru the hole in the wheel pants. I took the straight inflator and put it on my Harbor Freight inflator setup with the gauge built-in. It works great for checking and adjusting pressure now.

I bought a flexible 6" valve extension, and keep it in the glove box. When I'm traveling, I can toss in a tire pump or my Ryobi inflator and not have to worry about finding a compressor.

I don't remember the place I got the extension from. It looks VERY similar to this one, but with heat shrink over the female fitting end so you can poke it through a hole in the wheel pant and screw it on from the other end. And of course it cost 3-4x as much.

Awesome...

...thanks gents. Cannot believe I didn't find this without "google-via-Doug".

Love this community..

Back