What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How to pay back your neighbor, years of pounding noise.

BruceEicher

Well Known Member
My next door neighbor, Steve's bedroom is 20' from my garage. As you can imagine; 5 years of riveting can get annoying. Monday I invited him for his first flight. He threw down the yard rake, grabbed his camera and asked "can we fly by a mountain or two?"
Well after circling six snow covered mountains from 7700' to 10,300' he announced he was hungry and offered to buy lunch in Sunriver. Sunriver is such an easy stop, free bikes or quick shuttle ride for great food. Then on the way home we swung around two more; mount Jefferson 10,500' and then Hood 11,200' He was a happy GIB and now appreciates all those rivets! (I had already taken his wife to the coast in HulaGirl, save that story for another time) Debt paid!
And I had just installed my GoPro. So this is my first video...sorry. It will get better. Screwed included clip-on mount to wing tip screws via an aluminum plate. I just turned on the camera twice so did not record all 8 mountains. Will post some stills from Steve's camera.
Cheers!
http://youtu.be/_ekOziScIiY

LOL

I owned a Christen Eagle built by Robert Eicher from Deland.

It was N48BB - used on the company posters.

Great airplane - did a complete rebuild and earned me enough to buy the RV7 kit :D

I love the polished skins & paint scheme !!

Saw the plane last year in Columbia. It is everything as beautiful as the pictures.
Not surprised Bruce did this, he and his wife were great with letting my daughters take over their hammock and play with his dogs!

Pascal
RV-10

Let's do it again!

Saw the plane last year in Columbia. It is everything as beautiful as the pictures.
Not surprised Bruce did this, he and his wife were great with letting my daughters take over their hammock and play with his dogs!

Pascal
RV-10

Thanks Pascal! Your iPad still full of our dog pictures? :)

We plan on the same camping trip in Columbia, weather permitting Memorial Day weekend. You?

243qmfl.jpg

Last edited:
I asked the girls if they wanted to go, no hesitation, we'll be there Labor Day!
Hope the weather works out and we'll see you than

Pascal

PS I finally managed to move all the pictures off the ipad!! :rolleyes:

My mistake...

I asked the girls if they wanted to go, no hesitation, we'll be there Labor Day!
Hope the weather works out and we'll see you than

Pascal

PS I finally managed to move all the pictures off the ipad!! :rolleyes:

I said Labor Day, but was thinking and have Memorial Day planned for Columbia. Labor Day we are meeting family in Priest Lake ID, Cavanaugh Bay airstrip camping again. :)
Sorry...
Still in?

Back