What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GMA245 / G3X Audio

TShort

Well Known Member
All-

I am probably missing something obvious but hoping someone can give me a solution.

In the new panel, G3X touch with GTN650/GTR20/GMA245, I am having issues with volume for the copilot and passengers.

If I adjust COM volume so that it is comfortable for me, the copilot and passengers complain that the radio volume is far far too loud when intercom volume is at a normal level. Is there a way to adjust COM volume for the other headset positions in the airplane?

Thanks
Thomas

All-

I am probably missing something obvious but hoping someone can give me a solution.

In the new panel, G3X touch with GTN650/GTR20/GMA245, I am having issues with volume for the copilot and passengers.

If I adjust COM volume so that it is comfortable for me, the copilot and passengers complain that the radio volume is far far too loud when intercom volume is at a normal level. Is there a way to adjust COM volume for the other headset positions in the airplane?

Thanks
Thomas

Hello Thomas,

You have probably figured this out, but COM radio volume is always adjusted at the COM radio and this is the one volume control for everyone.

You do, however, have options for getting everyone happy. Since Pilot and Copilot/Passengers have dedicated intercom and music volume knobs, the solution in your case is to set the COM volume the way you want it with your headset volume controls turned all the way up, and then ask the others in the plane to turn down their headset volumes until they are happy with the COM radio volume level.

After they have done that, just let the copilot turn up the Copilot/Passenger intercom/music volume using the right volume knob set so the intercom and music work well for them with reduced headset volume adjustment.

BKwQa4FRAPXldDt8IZaIzw03qIG2TW7oilG5pevuPB1xfqCeYLpMVkRjK84bg08d4WKwSCaAzoyGCU3VSqjcCmD90dKuCxY-Cn54DH3l_5a_GK_Btw71lG0zV8p0gECelXIbMeROzRH8NFRX-6eOCI7CoPdMzGCJa7RMLTeAblxfy8gjTZbv12hYNaSHY36vt-dpW_M6mtZ5R1ohtyS_rKFVKVVk096tl1qWKgBa3znSG3RX1fJg0QEkmh24utpzQham5auMGOYLf019INj8k7AOS-KwN0kIeMbe6SFHu_Bf-WuwGb_dj5U_HfdxIOzJgZxfGomo_kRxfqmCV8j8mdWNX2lUv8c5Er5tDRjMOCg71DmCB7Z2oTVMPE2-LjPndtYz3Bt-_WHq0WN_Du2MQjYIfnKaGnqh6qILF7ObAHsw7TG3NFeh-g_Ik4KCiCvXeZoG7DuGL00B2ha7DJjQDGnXYFNJ4ghnP_dMnvYMAvGpytZdRqzl2BDdMZspozY5xliQCvc4hELH-xXeAbxIcbJkUD_JfBIKOIscfHHEvxuRjQTALNGyJ3siTD6O-ZGKKBSSv3uUuw95gCAL_ZQtUFNKQw3xXO8Ovmmk8D4=w800

Thanks,
Steve

Steve-

Thanks for the quick response! You guys rock ... 6AM on a Sunday!

Is this a common issue with different headsets? I have an A20, a Bose X, and a Lightspeed headset ... wondering if that's part of the mismatch issue.

Thanks again!

Thomas

Steve-

Thanks for the quick response! You guys rock ... 6AM on a Sunday!

Is this a common issue with different headsets? I have an A20, a Bose X, and a Lightspeed headset ... wondering if that's part of the mismatch issue.

Thanks again!

Thomas

Hello Thomas,

You are welcome. I think you are right that there is some headset variance that affects this. For whatever reason, my passengers usually say the COM radio is not loud enough, which has generally made me think that my ANR headset might work better than theirs. This seems to frequently be the case when they use an in-ear headset.

Same solution (in reverse) in my case. Just turn up the COM volume until the passenger is happy, then turn down my headset volume until I am happy with the COM volume and quickly re-adjust the Pilot intercom volume with just one knob turn.

Steve

Back