What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

where to take 16 hour maintenance class

I am looking for options on where and when I can take the two day light sport inspection course. The only classes I find are Rainbow. Does anyone else offer these classes?

I took mine through EAA. If you are a member you get a little break in price. Check the EAA website for upcoming courses.

Rainbow provides numerous courses around the country throughout the year. I took mine in Apopka, Florida.

California Power Systems may offer this course. I know they have been putting on the Rotax service, maintenance and heavy maintenance courses.

It's worth checking out.

Rainbow was the only one I found. I went down to Denton TX for the weekend when they had it there.

Repairman's course

Last year I could find no options. Took mine at Oshkosh directly after the big event. Brian and Carol Carpenter, Rainbow Aviation Services, did a fantastic job. You won't have any regrets.

I did mine in Apopka, FL in April right before Sun 'N Fun with Rainbow Aviation. It was a very good course and I recommend them. They conduct them at different locations around the country.

Last year I could find no options. Took mine at Oshkosh directly after the big event. Brian and Carol Carpenter, Rainbow Aviation Services, did a fantastic job. You won't have any regrets.

Agree completely about Rainbow. I took the 120 hour LSRM-A course from them some years ago. I highly recommend them. They know their stuff, present it well, and are easy/enjoyable to work with.

Back