VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 10-24-2019, 07:34 PM

Default Trip to Oregon / Washington really...

Hey all... I have some friends in Ridgefield, WA who I may be visiting in the Nov/Dec timeframe and am looking of advice on where to land / keep my -8A while I'm there. Any airports in particular I should be looking at? Any hangars for rent?

Thanks!!!

Last edited by BVD : 10-25-2019 at 11:10 AM.
Old 10-25-2019, 02:35 PM

Astoria is an awesome town with a big x military airport. It was a rad place to fly into. Mcminville has an epic museum across the street from there airport. Cool town as well. Golds beach was a fun stop and has the strip right on the beach. IFR will help out there as we fought clouds and weather constantly even during the summer.
Old 10-25-2019, 03:45 PM

The closest public use airport to Ridgefield would be either Woodland State or Goheen. Woodland State is right off of I5. No hangars and I am uncertain of its tie down situation. I drive by it often and see an odd airplane or two tied down.
Goheen has tie downs in the grass. Check with the FBO (such that it is.) There are private hangars there but most, if not all, are full up (like mine with junk!).
Your best bet for any kind of hangar space would be Pearson. Call the FBO and see what they may or may not have. It is about 20 minutes drive to Ridgefield, depending on where in Ridgefield you are going. It is a tiny town but a very large city by square miles. It runs from East of I5 all the way to the Columbia River.
If you are touring with the airplane, there are many great places to visit. Several Aviation Musuems, coastal towns, etc....

RV6 - Builder/Flying
Bucker Jungmann
Fiat G.46 -(restoration in progress, if I have enough life left in me)
RV1 - Proud Pilot.
Old 10-25-2019, 05:45 PM

Thank you gentlemen!
Old 10-25-2019, 08:21 PM

And be sure to fly your RV down to Van's ay KUAO and come say hi! Join EAA 105 for chapter events, too if you'd like! Pie auction meeting in November and a Christmas party in December.

Building RV-8A since Sept 2014 (N88VX reserved)
Dual AFS 5600, Avidyne IFD 440, Whirlwind 74RV, Superior XPIO-360
VAF build thread - Flickr photo album - Project Facebook page
Hillsboro, OR (EAA 105)

Old 10-25-2019, 08:21 PM

Bill- I've got a hangar in Camas (Grove 1W1) which is about a 25 minute drive... but my plane is still not flying and is in currently another hangar and parts are in paint right now. I really doubt it'll be back together and flying in the next 1-2 months unless everything goes perfectly. If it's not, I'd be happy to let you keep your plane in there if you need a place.
Waiting for updated nose dragger mount/gear-
2018 and 2019 VAF dues paid
Old 10-26-2019, 11:46 AM

Default Thank you!

Thanks Dan, I will definitely take you up on that if the trip happens. Sending you a PM...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreed View Post
Bill- I've got a hangar in Camas (Grove 1W1) which is about a 25 minute drive... but my plane is still not flying and is in currently another hangar and parts are in paint right now. I really doubt it'll be back together and flying in the next 1-2 months unless everything goes perfectly. If it's not, I'd be happy to let you keep your plane in there if you need a place.