What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Panel Arm Location? Windshield part number?

dvalle

Well Known Member
Does anyone know this dimension? I'd like to revise the weight and balance for changes. Also trying to find a part number on Van's site, not too easy?

Arm for wt and bal calc, part number for windshield

Wow, I thought I'd get a lot of replies on this???

Wow, I thought I'd get a lot of replies on this???

The arm for the panel is pretty easily found by measuring the distance from it to the leading edge of the wing. Add this distance to 60 to find the arm.

As for the windshield, there is no separate part number. Builders get the whole canopy as one bubble, then cut it in two. You'd need to order the whole plexiglass bubble or perhaps one that is damaged towards the rear.

As for the windshield, there is no separate part number. Builders get the whole canopy as one bubble, then cut it in two. You'd need to order the whole plexiglass bubble or perhaps one that is damaged towards the rear.

Not true. You can order the windshield separately. I bought one in Feb. from Van's. The item on the order was "C-601 Slider W.Screen Slider Screen Only" $425 to Van's plus ~$80 shipping to Airplane Plastics for the drop ship. It seems the process has changed over time but at least in Feb. 2016 you could not order directly from Airplane Plastics. Had to go thru Van's.

Not true. You can order the windshield separately. I bought one in Feb. from Van's. The item on the order was "C-601 Slider W.Screen Slider Screen Only" $425 to Van's plus ~$80 shipping to Airplane Plastics for the drop ship. It seems the process has changed over time but at least in Feb. 2016 you could not order directly from Airplane Plastics. Had to go thru Van's.

Cool - good to know. Thanks!

Yes, I ordered from Van's (they issue PO) and picked up at airplane plastics. The new one was thicker, had to modify things to make it fit. Since I did it last fall, I managed to misplace the receipt....just want the part number for the logbook??

On the arm, I'm just surprised as it seems like it would be pretty standard and available with a W & B revision. Guess I still think certified:)

Back