What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

IFR Transponder Certification

Fred.Stucklen

Well Known Member
Friend
I'm based at KBKV (North of Tampa Florida) and am looking for avionics shops that can perform the IFR Transponder/Pito/Static certification on my RV-7A that is within an hours flying distance. The plane has a GRT EFIS and Garmin GTX-330 transponder.

My local shop quoted me over $500, which I'm finding hard to accept... Anybody else got any other suggestions?

Gulf Coast

I haven't used them yet but several of the folks based at Plant City do. I don't know their pricing.

Gulf Coast Avionics Corp.
3650 Drane Field Road
Lakeland Linder Regional Airport
Lakeland, Florida 33811
Phone: 863-709-9714
Fax: 863-709-9736
FAA Approved Repair Station No. UB4R564M
Class 1, 2, 3 & Limited Instruments
www.GulfCoastAvionics.com

Sarasota Avionics AT KPGD

SA at Punta Gorda (Charlotte Cty) used to do the IFR for 250, and there is a good restaurant. A couple of my hangar neighbors just had theirs done at the new shop at Sebring -- about 300.

Before you go anywhere, be sure your static system is tight --- will safe you a lot of grief, later.

Ron

I used this guy: http://www.tampaavionics.com/

He came to me at ZPH and was knowledgeable and understanding of RV's. Don't remember exact cost but I believe was under $500. He did my GRT and Dynon EFIS units and GTX-327 transponder. He's based at Tampa North

Chris

john zylis 561 596 6359 palm beach area totally mobile. he will test everything without removing it. fair price.
:)

IFR Transponder/Pito/Static Certification

Thanks to all who replied. I've made a list of possible contacts and will start calling them today...

Just had mine done at KTTD near Portland, OR. Haven't got the bill yet, but was quoted $450. I know.... OUCH!

IFR Transponder Cert

FYI-I do these in MI and TN, my friend does them in MI and FL (Dec-Mid May). Unfortunately, he just came back to MI for the summer. When there, he lives in New Port Richey. We charge $275 for an IFR cert.

FYI-I do these in MI and TN, my friend does them in MI and FL (Dec-Mid May). Unfortunately, he just came back to MI for the summer. When there, he lives in New Port Richey. We charge $275 for an IFR cert.

Are you at a particular airport in SE Michigan, or can you travel?

Back