What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Navaid Autopilot

dvalle

Well Known Member
I have one that doesn't function to well. I recall talking to one of the autopilot vendors at Sun N Fun that stated their autopilot will work with Navaid servos. Anyone know what brand?

I have one that doesn't function to well. I recall talking to one of the autopilot vendors at Sun N Fun that stated their autopilot will work with Navaid servos. Anyone know what brand?

I have a NEW never used complete Navaid that will link to your gps. In the box is servo, head, wiring and instructions. $350.00 to your door.

I have one that doesn't function too well. I recall talking to one of the autopilot vendors at Sun N Fun that stated their autopilot will work with Navaid servos. Anyone know what brand?

I think you are referring to the TRIO autopilot. I have one, and like it. When I bought mine, I was replacing a single-axis Navaid with a Two-axis Trio. I was going to use the old Navaid servo. The Trio guys looked it over, and it wasn't in great shape, so in the end, I bought all new servos.

The Trio devices will drive the Navaid roll servo. You will need a Trio servo for pitch control.

However, you stated your old Navaid systems wasn't very healthy which may indicate problems with your servo. The digital autopilots are so advanced beyond the Navaid that you might be better served replacing the entire device.

Navaid autopilot

came with my partially built RV8. Naturally, it is dated technology, but has never been used, or powered up. Servo is installed in the wing, while the rest of it resides in a box on the shelf.

My mission statement does not require an autopilot. That said, what is the feeling of the readers about installing and using this available hardware? My Dynon D-180 is not compatible with the servo, as I understand it. The Trio probably is.

Options galore here, methinks

Back