What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin G3X (GDU 370/375) V11.80 Software, 25April2019

g3xpert

Well Known Member
Advertiser
We are pleased to announce the release today of the new V11.80 software update for G3X non-touch systems using GDU 370/375 displays.

This free software upgrade can be downloaded to an SD card from this page and installed by the user.

This new software incorporates many of the features made available recently for G3X Touch systems:

1. Added GMC 507 support. The GMC 307 autopilot mode controller is being replaced by the slightly more capable GMC 507 (same cost), and now this controller can be used with G3X, G3X Touch, and G5 systems.
  2. Added support for Flight Director GPS Track mode when using a GMC 507 with dedicated track mode button
  3. Added VNAV support for those using GTN 6XX/7XX navigators with V6.51 or newer software.
  4. Added GSU25C/25D support. The GSU 25/25B ADAHRS are being replaced with newer versions called the GSU 25C/25D with the same operational characteristics as the previous units.
  5. Resolved incorrect GPS date which occurs in some displays due to week rollover issue.

The recently updated Rev. Q G3X Pilot Guide provides additional guidance on using these features.

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:
Logging

I just flew my -10 from Tampa to Sedona and took the cruise time to catch up on my logbook. The first two legs did not record on my G3X (non-touch). Is that a function of the date rollover?

Mark

Can you provide a link to that latest Pilots Guide if a new one exists? The one on the website states release 10.80 for 2016 and I don't know if that is the last release.

Larry

BTW watch the 650 setting needs . . . .

We GDU 37x guys WILL have to set the 650 ARINC out to Garmin 429 or the G3X will not pick up the Nav information. This is the same as the touch comments elsewhere.

Thanks to the Garmin Team, Justin (experimental) and Tony (commercial) for helping me with this upgrade.

A LOUD shout out for Justin, I had a card reader failure and he arranged for a refurb GDU370 for me at a reasonable cost. It installed and did not lose any configuration settings.

The actual replacement was faster than all the card gymnastics to see if it was a card issue.

Back