What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

2 years down

mciaglia

Well Known Member
I just passed the two year build mark. It has gone faster than I could have ever imagined.

Completed to date:
Empanage
QB wings (75% done with remaining tasks)
SB Fuselage (getting ready to fit cabin top)

Some points I like to make:
1.) Thank you to DR for this site. I log on daily and learn from the immense amount of information here. The builders that have come before me have paved the way to address issues that are easily taken care during the build.

2.) I am glad I have primed. I used Azko and it was a little bit of work setting up the paint tent and all the associated prep work. But here in Houston, the humidity can be brutal.

3.) I am nearing the end of formal metal work and getting readu to dive into the composite world. Please send me prayers.

4.) I have realized Stein "Will not be happy till I'm broke" I have done the order from Stein on Monday...do work Monday night...realize you need something...order from Stein on Tuesday. I think I will single handedly fix the USPS deficit.

5.) I want to find the team that built my wings in the Philippines. I will gladly send you a case of beer, bottle of scotch or what ever you want. The QB wings are such a luxury. My hat off to you guys who do them the SB way.

6.) I have decided the plane will most likely be done Tuesday... I just dont know what month or year. Thats what I tell everyone

7.) Thanks to my wonderful family so far. I have managed to keep my anticipated pace of an hour every day (average) 2 years down and have worked a total of 731.65 hours on it. I haven't missed a single family function due to building and my kids love being part of this.

Time to get back to work.

Great Job

Congrats Mark. The two year mark is a distant memory for me. When I started my kit in 2009, I wanted to be flying in 3-5 years. What's that they say about the "best laid plans of mice and men"?

Anyway, I'm finishing up this contract gig in Nov/Dec and then it's going to be WOT on the RV until she's done.

Wow, I just looked at your build log site. You are doing a great job! Keep up the good work!

Back