What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Antisplat Oil Seperator

Robb

Well Known Member
I recently installed the oil seperator on my RV7 which always had a little more blow by than my other plane probably due to higher compression ratio. I was constantly cleaning the belly and got tired of doing so. It is an awesome product and after 5 hrs of flight the belly looks perfectly clean. It was an easy install and I am sure will also cut down oil consumption. Money well spent and with their install kit iy was easy to drill out the hole in the exhaust also

Are you aware of the need to do periodic checks on the exhaust fitting to be sure it hasn't "coked" up?

Also, are you aware of the secondary relief port some folks have installed in the suction line?

Are you aware of the need to do periodic checks on the exhaust fitting to be sure it hasn't "coked" up?

Also, are you aware of the secondary relief port some folks have installed in the suction line?

?.All vacuum kits sold, include the bypass valve pre-installed
in the plumbing. They also include instructions on installation
and regular maintenance. Thanks, Allan..:D

?.All vacuum kits sold, include the bypass valve pre-installed

Not exactly....

My (very early production) kit did not have the bypass valve. I ordered it later and installed it separately.

Yes the instructions are clear re inspecting for coking. Mines really easy to get to and will do on each oil change.

….All vacuum kits sold, include the bypass valve pre-installed

OK, got it. I was not aware you had started including these with the system. I remembered that a few years back there were issues.......

Looks like you grabbed the bull by the horns and addressed those issues.

Good job.

Back