What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

JD Air Parts Canopy Latch

RV7Guy

Well Known Member
After a long delay the Tip Up Canopy Latches are now back in stock and ready for purchase. Orders placed today will ship on Friday and Saturday.

Thank you for your patience. Additionally, I should have the full line of tailwheel assemblies ready very soon. INCLUDING a brand new unit for the RV14 with the dual bearing supported yoke.

Thank you all for the support during the transition. I look forward to working with you and providing you with the highest quality products for your RV!!

Visit www.jdair.com. Also watch for some new items coming on line.

I've got them

When will the latches be available again? The website lists them as out of stock.

I just checked the site and the Tip up latches are available. I don't have the Slider handles available yet. They are being made.

Last edited:
RV 14-A and a JD Air canopy Latch

I have a RV 14-A and a JD Air canopy Latch. I looked very carefully at the rivet pattern on my QB Fuselage and the placement of the JD Latch. It looks like one of the forward rivets is a problem with placement. Before I cut the fuselage skin, does anyone have a 1:1 scale drawing of the RV14 and the JD Latch? The JD Air drawing is not to scale and designed for RV7.

I have a RV 14-A and a JD Air canopy Latch. I looked very carefully at the rivet pattern on my QB Fuselage and the placement of the JD Latch. It looks like one of the forward rivets is a problem with placement. Before I cut the fuselage skin, does anyone have a 1:1 scale drawing of the RV14 and the JD Latch? The JD Air drawing is not to scale and designed for RV7.

I would be interested in the fit of the JD latch on the 14A, please update your progress.

Back