Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 08-12-2017, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspender View Post
Sounds like mineral spirits and brake cleaner is the ticket. I have so much brake dust from dragging brakes I don't want to just push more grease in. Now working on what is dragging the brakes.
Make sure your master cylinders are retuning to the top. If not, correct the bolt alignment. Search for posts on brake drag for other suggestions. Don't succumb to adding springs until you fix the bolt alignment if indeed
they are not returning.

RV6 - Builder/Flying
Bucker Jungmann
Fiat G.46 -(restoration in progress, if I have enough life left in me)
RV1 - Proud Pilot.
Old 08-12-2017, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJay View Post
Make sure your master cylinders are retuning to the top. If not, correct the bolt alignment. Search for posts on brake drag for other suggestions. Don't succumb to adding springs until you fix the bolt alignment if indeed
they are not returning.
I did the long bolt mod on my 7, but after reinstalling and bleeding the brakes, see that the spring stiffness of the hoses could be the culprit that keep the gentle spring force of the master cylinder from returning fully. The OP might look at that, but the long bolt is a must, IMO.