- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-10
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2017, 08:11 AM

Default South Florida Sport Aviation Seat Install

I recently installed a set of leather seats from South Florida Sport Aviation and wanted to share my thoughts and results with everyone.

First off, I am in no way affiliated with SFSA other than a customer. I ordered my seats from their website and followed up with an email to Eliane to make sure the embroidered logo wouldn't be applied to my seats. Elaine and the staff there were great to make sure my request was followed. I did have to wait a few weeks longer than normal due to this being a custom order, which I was ok with. When I received the seats I was floored at the quality. The install process was very straight forward, even for someone with no upholstery skills. Let's face it, if you can build a plane, you can install these seats. Here are a few (big) pictures of the seats before I covered my front frames and just after I finished the install. The last few pictures show them in the plane after removing the wrinkles with a steamer.

I hope this brief write up helps others when looking for interiors. And thank you to everyone at SFSA for making this happen.

Here's a link to the album.
https://goo.gl/photos/cKku6FfWbcGdtgF98

2017 Dues Paid

Last edited by Jasonm : 08-08-2017 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Picture links
Old 08-08-2017, 09:07 AM

The picture files may be too big. I cant see them.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:12 AM

I removed all the embedded pictures and provided a link to the album.

2017 Dues Paid
Old 08-08-2017, 10:15 AM

Looks nice!
Old 08-08-2017, 11:09 AM

Very Nice!
Elevators - In the Works!
Old 08-08-2017, 11:53 AM

They look amazing, I have the same for my plane but I still do not install them. Congratulations from chile
Old 08-09-2017, 02:53 PM

If I understand correctly, the front seats are just the covers and the rears are the complete 60/40 rear seat with foam? How long did it take to receive from order to receipt?( i under special order with no logo).

Thanks
Old 08-10-2017, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrews View Post
If I understand correctly, the front seats are just the covers and the rears are the complete 60/40 rear seat with foam? How long did it take to receive from order to receipt?( i under special order with no logo).

Thanks
Correct, the rear seats arrive ready to install. You'll need to provide the hook and loop strips. The front seats are just the covers that you will install over your existing foam. SFSA should have provided you with a link to their installation instructions. Read it over carefully since you will be making cuts in the foam and drilling small holes through the sheet aluminum.

Elaine was kind enough to send me a short video from her phone and provided me with a tip about adding foam to the backs of the front seats. I purchased 1/2" foam that I applied to the entire seat back frame and 1/4" foam that I wrapped up the sides. This way you won't feel the metal frame of the seat when the rear passengers enter or exit the aircraft. Makes the seats a little thicker to.

All in all it took roughly 5 weeks for the seats and covers to arrive since they got stuck in customs but Elaine and SFSA were great about pushing it through and keeping me updated.

2017 Dues Paid
Old 08-10-2017, 07:04 AM

love those seats. Sure turns these things into a luxury plane!
Old 08-18-2017, 12:53 PM

After reading your post Jason I checked out their website and see they have a complete interior kit. Is there anyone with knowledge of that kit, which includes, carpet, side panels, center console, etc?

I'm thinking it might take a lot of the quess work out of choosing interior finish parts to order them as a kit.

RV-10 Empennage complete. Tailcone complete. Chapter 29 complete!

Dues paid