VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 07-30-2017, 12:21 PM

Default F-982E Holes

I'm working on the forward covers. There are three holes detailed on the F-982E access cover (throttle, mixture and carb heat). I'm planning on a pretty standard engine install, with the probable exception of a CS prop. Just curious if I should go ahead and fab per the drawing or wait until my engine/prop is a little more firm.

RV-7A Fuselage
N317PU Reserved
2017 Dues paid (July 2017)
Old 07-30-2017, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilermakerRV View Post
I'm working on the forward covers. There are three holes detailed on the F-982E access cover (throttle, mixture and carb heat). I'm planning on a pretty standard engine install, with the probable exception of a CS prop. Just curious if I should go ahead and fab per the drawing or wait until my engine/prop is a little more firm.
Definitely wait until your engine/prop is firm. I have the IO360 M1B from Vans and only the mixture control goes there.

99% at the hangar now