VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 07-25-2017, 10:14 AM

Default Seatbelt

Hi Everyone, I have a question on the seatbelt installation. I had to move the seatback aft of plans for legroom and I think I introduced a problem with the seatbelt installation. In order to install the belts, they will need to wrap around the seatback quite a lot. The left side is OK but the right side is the problem. Doesn't look very sound and secure to me. What would you do to fix this or leave it as is?

Thanks!

Rv6 seatbelt by scottsr1100rt, on Flickr
Mustang II Built and Flying
Old 07-26-2017, 09:16 AM

Default Seatbelt

Hi Scott, this is common on the RV6's. Just remove all sharp edges on the seat back where the belt will rub.
Old 07-27-2017, 06:17 AM

Default Look at the RV4

The RV4 has the seat belt anchors in the same position you do by design. A hole is cut low on the seat back just large enough for the buckle. This way the seat back is still easily removable. The other benefit is that your seat belts have a direct path from the anchors to you which is what you are going to want if, God forbid, you ever really need strength from your belts in an accident. The added benefit is no chafing of the belt material which will compromise strength.

Paid through 2017! How about you?