VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 08-12-2017, 06:17 AM

Default WTT/WTB Nicopress Swager

I am looking for a Nicopress swaging tool model 64-CGMP. Not looking for a knock-off model or worn out. I have wiring crimpers aviation grade with indexers, high quality eyeball vents, RV type fuel valves, Firewall heat dist. valve (TG-10). Several new CB of all sizes, hundreds of adel clamps of all sizes. Wiring loom (expandable). Looking for trade or partial trade for the crimper. Let me know what items your looking for if you have the swaging tool I'm looking for!
XP IO360
Old 08-12-2017, 05:09 PM

Terry, both the Locoloc 1-SC and the Continental/GBG Industries S-2236H are easier to use, adjustable for accuracy, and come with gauges. I'd consider a 64-CGMP only if (1) I was committed to using Nicropress-branded sleeves, and (2) I wished to meet the the manufacturer's demand to use only their tool with their sleeves. (1) and (2) would only come into play in one circumstance, bare copper sleeves on galvanized cable on a certified aircraft.

You see, Nicopress only marks their bare copper or zinc plated sleeves with a Nicopress emblem. Bare copper sleeves are used on zinc or tin plated cable only. Zinc-plated sleeves are obsolete; the correct sleeve for stainless cable is tin plated. Everybody's tin-plated sleeve is the same.

Truth is, everybody's sleeves (bare or plated) come from a small copper forming plant in Pennsylvania.