VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 08-11-2017, 08:57 AM

John where are you based? I have a friend with a 7 at Lachute, CSE4.

Tailwheel is a blast. I have no interest in trike geared airplanes after learning how to fly one. And it gives you the opportunity to experience so many neat old airplanes (champs, cubs, biplanes etc etc). I have been told that it takes most people 8 to 10 hrs to solo from never having flown an airplane, and it is the same for trike gear or tailwheel. Lots of people still learn to fly on them.

My Dad soloed the Harvard (T-6) in 10 hrs at 18 yrs old, like all the other cadets, and that was a bear of an airplane.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:53 AM

Default rv7a

dear chunky countryman

at 187#/5'10 i've built an rv7a and fit quite well with my 120#/5'3 girlfriend.
while I'm flying I feel fine as does she but with my 5'10" 200lb man friend in the px seat there is noticably less elbow room but still ok for trips of 1 or 2 hours.

even without considering the matter of girth at 6'5 you might be pushing the size limits of the rv7 or 7a.

please consider the 8 or 8a design. they provide greater room per passenger in all dimensions.

regards

jeffrey r hodgson, md
RV7a N377CP KWVI
Old 08-13-2017, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salter View Post
Hey workky,

You'll fit in a 7 or a 9, and no problems at all with the 14.

I am of larger size also, 5'9" - 240 and although its tight in a 9 (with someone else about my size) its something I do on a regular basis.
Even with another passenger? I really think the only person that would go with me would be my daughter or friends who are 220lb. But, they would not go often. It's a battle I try and figure out. 14 or 7. I like the slider option on the 7, but the room in the 14. I'm lost at sea

Cost alone says 7, everything else says 14