Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-7/7A
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2017, 04:24 PM

I'll measure my plates tonight and let you know. The spacers are important to kept the mounting screws from grounding out on the rib. I've got some delrin spacers made up if you need a set. Pay shipping and I'll send you enough to do both tanks in return for feedback on them :-)

You're a bit ahead of me on the build now. I haven't gotten to spend much time on my build lately. I have three certification exams to renew by the end of November in order to keep my RHCA certification up to date, and that has taken up much of my spare time.
Wing Kit Started - June 2017
My Build Log: http://www.theskunkwerx.com

VAF Donation paid for 2017
Old 08-05-2017, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubedRoot View Post
I'll measure my plates tonight and let you know. The spacers are important to kept the mounting screws from grounding out on the rib. I've got some delrin spacers made up if you need a set. Pay shipping and I'll send you enough to do both tanks in return for feedback on them :-)

You're a bit ahead of me on the build now. I haven't gotten to spend much time on my build lately. I have three certification exams to renew by the end of November in order to keep my RHCA certification up to date, and that has taken up much of my spare time.
Lynn thanks for the offer on the delrin. I have done some soul searching over the night and came to the realization that I am probably going to mix fuels as 100LL is not cheap were I live. Therefore I think it best I go with the floats as many have mentioned the inaccurate readings with capacative when fuel is mixed. Now I'm just wishing I hadn't deleted them off of my kit! Oh well, I have to order tank sealant anyways. Thanks for the replies guys!
Working on Wings
Exempt but gladly paying!
Old 08-05-2017, 11:54 AM

I have two float fuel senders that I forgot to delete from the kit. I am going with capacitive and have no use for them.

I'll give you sweet deal: 1/2 price ($30 for the pair) donated to VAF.
Old 08-05-2017, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilberg View Post
I have two float fuel senders that I forgot to delete from the kit. I am going with capacitive and have no use for them.

I'll give you sweet deal: 1/2 price ($30 for the pair) donated to VAF.
That would be awesome! Just sent you a PM.
Working on Wings
Exempt but gladly paying!
Old 08-06-2017, 08:32 AM

Default Capacitance Sender Plates

Mine are 5 3/8ths wide for an RV8.

CubedRoot, I sent you a PM...
Old 08-07-2017, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubedRoot View Post
And here I just ordered a few 3/4" delrin rods in order to do the same thing myself! I may take you up on that offer if mine don't turn out well (I don't have a lathe). Do yours use the same 1/4" holes thru the ribs that Vans recommends with their kit?