VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 08-07-2017, 10:40 AM

Default Showplanes Oil Cooler mount

Building RV-8 with Van's Lycoming XIO-360-M1B and I am interested in purchasing the RV-8 Oil Cooler Mount that Showplanes offers which attaches to the engine mount behind cylinder #1. Can someone using this oil cooler mount tell me if the oil cooler lines provided in the standard Van's FWF kit work, or do custom lines need to be purchased? I inquired with Showplanes, but they were not sure.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:07 AM

I am interested in purchasing the RV-8 Oil Cooler Mount that Showplanes offers which attaches to the engine mount behind cylinder #1.

Just to save confusion...I believe you meant cylinder #3. Sorry I can't comment on the hose issue as I installed the oil cooler as per plans and am hoping for the best with oil temps. on my Superior IO-360. After seeing how much of the fin surface is not directly in the flow of cooling air I'm a little worried but will wait and see, before a re-do.
Garmin G3X Touch VFR
Planning for Fixed Catto 3 blade