What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stick rewiring help -- DSub Circular Power Connector

scrollF4

Moderator, Asst. Line Boy
Ambassador
Folks, I'm looking for a good CPC Dsub connector (two, actually) for 16 pins. I'm relooking my stick wiring, particularly regarding removable sticks with my Infinity mil grips. My current mil-spec AMP cannon plugs are too clunky, and just lay in the sub-cockpit floor...I want something more elegant, neater, less floppy and unsafe(?).

Can anyone point me toward good options?

Folks, I'm looking for a good CPC Dsub connector (two, actually) for 16 pins. I'm relooking my stick wiring, particularly regarding removable sticks with my Infinity mil grips. My current mil-spec AMP cannon plugs are too clunky, and just lay in the sub-cockpit floor...I want something more elegant, neater, less floppy and unsafe(?).

Can anyone point me toward good options?

SteinAir sells this 16-pin CPC connector that looks like what you're looking for. I've used them extensively and they work well. Also has the crimp tool and extractor, all reasonably priced.

https://www.steinair.com/product/16-position-cpc-connector-kit/

Too big

SteinAir sells this 16-pin CPC connector that looks like what you're looking for. I've used them extensively and they work well. Also has the crimp tool and extractor, all reasonably priced.

https://www.steinair.com/product/16-position-cpc-connector-kit/

Thanks, Pat.
I have those CPCs from Stein. The pins are larger than D-sub. I'm looking for a smaller sized plug, and D-sub should fit the bill.

I also emailed Stein to see if he has something else to offer or recommend.

I use the CPC Series 2 connectors. These use the same barrel crimp pins that D-Sub connector shells use.

Available at Digikey in many flavours.

V

I second Vern's comment. The Series 2 CPC work great with standard dsub pins.

Be sure to get the housings as well as the strain relief parts.

I also used the circular CPC plug from Stein, with standard D-sub pins and sockets. The standard D-sub pin puller also works (I?ve had to rewire my stick). Works quite well.

Back