What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Better with every flight

N941WR

Legacy Member
My neighbor solld his last plane, a Cub Crafters Cob, back in the spring.

After looking around and talking to some trusted aviators, he bought a very nice ELSA RV-12 with a single SkyView.

This plane perfectly matches his typical flight, which is daily Short sightseeing rides, and an occasional long trip.

The other day we were talking and he volunteered the following:

I didn't expect to like this plane but with each flight I like it more and more!

Another RV grin successfully applied.

Nice. I still feel the same way about mine (hers? / ours!). It just makes me smile every couple of days. As much as I think about, plan, talk, about changing it... After a decade and 2000hrs, I find myself thinking, why mess with a good thing. We were a lot younger back then, but it changed our lives.

Hmm, maybe I should build another. Woops, (house shoes on) back to the shop I go.

Even after a decade of joy, I feel the same as your neighbor. "Better with every flight."

Is this Keith? I'll be calling him to join us for lunch when we get some good weather (whenever that may be.)

Is this Keith? I'll be calling him to join us for lunch when we get some good weather (whenever that may be.)

Yes, I am talking about Keith. He is in Ashville this weekend. I'm thinking he wants to see what 24" of snow feels like.

Leave him a message when you call, he rarely answers his phone.

Scott, I too feel the same with my -9. Everything I think of selling it, I go up for one last flight and change my mind.

It just makes me smile every couple of days. As much as I think about, plan, talk, about changing it... After a decade and 2000hrs, I find myself thinking, why mess with a good thing.

"

Well said Scott well said...

Back