What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

"Where is VAFB?"

scard

Well Known Member
Advertiser
I wore a VAF tshirt to the grocery store this afternoon and got stopped by an ol' coot asking "Where is Vans Airforce Base?" "I've never heard of it." There is a first for everything. I almost gave him a smart *** answer, but kindly told him there is no such thing. I'm not willing to give Dougie enough credit to think he is the center of the universe :). [ed. Smart move! ;^) dr]

Last edited by a moderator:
VAFB aka: KVBG

Vandenberg Air Force Base is on the LEFT Coast in Kalifornia located approximately 9.2 miles (14.8 km) northwest of Lompoc, California. It is under the jurisdiction of the 30th Space Wing, Air Force Space Command (AFSPC). Vandenberg AFB is a Department of Defense space and missile testing base, with a mission of placing satellites into polar orbit from the West Coast, using expendable boosters (Pegasus, Taurus, Minotaur, Atlas V, Delta IV and now SpaceX's Falcon).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VAFB

507px-Titian_IV_Centaur_-_Vandenburg_AFB.jpg

"Do the ducks symbolise anything in particular? "

I believe it is a visual reminder to "keep your ducks in a row", the expression was widely used by our squadron commander when I was in the AF.

"Do the ducks symbolise anything in particular? "

I believe it is a visual reminder to "keep your ducks in a row", the expression was widely used by our squadron commander when I was in the AF.

That's exactly what an ATC supervisor told me when I asked.

Back