What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

D. C & Cowboys

MarkW

Well Known Member
Friend
My oldest son has recently moved to Virginia and both my boys and I are cowboys fans. I am a Texan born in Dallas.
Jesse invited Tyler and myself up for a Cowboys game being played in DC so we flew up Saturday for the Sunday evening game.
Trip up was good but through a front moving through the mid Atlantic.
Light to moderate rain and IMC for about an hour.
xqcrjr.png

Jesse picked us up at KRMN Stafford about 12:30 Saturday. We drove up to Springfield where our hotel was and had lunch then jumped on the Metro for a tour of DC.

Lincoln Memorial
xgfpt1.jpg

White House
35c3pzm.jpg

Washington Memorial
2zi27uw.jpg

Capital Building
2v84dqx.jpg

Then back to Springfield for dinner and rest for Sunday.

Last edited:
2nd day

On Sunday we had some time before the 4pm game so back into DC.
We took the Metro stop at Arlington Cemetery and visited the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and JFK's grave.
161dkqr.jpg

30m1nhw.jpg

Then took the Metro in to spend the rest of our time in the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum.

Back to Springfield and lunch and pick up the car.
Off to the game we went to our $85 dollar parking spot.
Nice stadium
2rrxriq.jpg

Good game with my boys
29bysfn.jpg

After a disappointing loss it was back to the hotel for dinner and an early morning departure.

Departure

Next morning it was breakfast and off to the airport.
Morning was predicted to be 34 degrees but the airport was 29 degrees when we got there.
This Florida plane has never had frost on it before and I was a little unsure of how to handle it.
250qvlf.jpg

Turned it to the rising sun and spend a few minutes with a credit card cleaning the leading edges and all control surfaces.
Nice ride home with a stop for fuel in Florence, SC.

Great weekend with my boys and fun flying another 9 hours in this fun machine.

Nice trip, excellent choice on the seats, best value in the stadium IMHO.

Sorry for your loss.

Okay, not really, HTTR! :p

Hey Scott,
I assume you mean blessed for being a Texan.

Hey Mike,
Seats worked out great. Long trip for a loss but at least they kept us on the edge of our seats.

Nice trip Mark

Hey Mark. Nice trip. Good to see you are still flying. I just went to Auburn Al. on my 6. Loved the trip but had a scary moment. Tell you about it someday. Take care

Back