What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GRT Horizon 10.1/Sport 10.1

Frank Smidler

Well Known Member
Anybody notice this in the March 25 "Show special" announcement on GRT website? They have a special on thier Horizon 10.1/Sport 10.1, these are new products with no information on them on thier website. It will be interesting to see how the Horizon 10.1 compares to thier HXr 10.4. The HXr's also have significant discounts listed, I wonder if the new Horizon may be replacing them? I also noticed the 10.1 has the vertical buttons on the right side like the HXr's but the knob is not longer there, I assume the touch screen interface will eliminate the need for it. Will be interested to see what they announce at S&F.
http://grtavionics.com/home/show-specials/

Yes, and I asked them about it. They said the formal announcement would happen ?soon?. They told me similar to the HXr, but physically different format (height-width). Lots of digital inputs/outputs (RS232 and the other one, that the Trig transponder uses). Fewer analog ones. Air data computer in the same box, not remote. ARINC converter optional (external?) (this seems odd to me, maybe I got it wrong). Screen has somewhat higher resolution than standard HXr.

knobs

The Horizon 10.1 has two knobs that are hard to see. They are outboard of the bottom row of buttons - one on each end.

Base cost is $4K. Air data computer built in. Two ARINC in ports, but ARINC-out is extra (no price listed).

Back